Pumpkin Pie with Gingersnap Crust
A seasonal favorite for pumpkin pie lovers or if you are seeking a dairy-free holiday dessert. Spicy gingersnaps create the perfect crust for the creamy sweet pumpkin yonanas filling.
- 8 oz. bag gingersnap cookies (approx. 34 small cookies. Look for gluten-free or vegan options.)
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil
- Pumpkin Pie Yonanas (double this recipe)
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees
- In a food processor, pulse gingersnap cookies until they resemble fine grains of sand
- In a bowl combine gingersnap cookies and 4 Tablespoons coconut oil. NOTE: If coconut oil is solid place jar in pan of warm water until it liquefies
- Form crust in pie shell and 15-18 minutes
- After pie shell cools, spread the Pumpkin Pie Yonanas into the cooled pie shell, with a spatula.
- Freeze a minimum 4 hours or overnight
- Let pie thaw approximately 30 minutes before slicing.