Earthy and slightly salty, pistachios create a less sweet and more savory yonanas treat with a fun, natural green tint! You’ll be asking for seconds!
- 2 frozen over-ripe bananas
- 8 frozen pistachio cubes
- Make pistachio cubes in advance: Use a food processor and grind 12 oz. of shelled pistachios until it looks like grains of sand.
- Slightly thaw your frozen fruit prior to putting through your yonanas maker.
- In a medium saucepan add ground pistachios to 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract and bring to a simmer
- Cover and cool.
- With a teaspoon, fill ice cube trays with pistachio mixture and freeze.
- Insert 1/2 frozen banana
- Add 2 pistachio cubes
- Alternate remaining ingredients
- Stir in bowl to combine