Apple Maple Walnut Yonanas
Fuji, Gala and Macintosh apples provide a perfect sweet & tangy pairing balanced with a toasted sweet crunch of candied maple walnuts. That’s right-enjoy this recipe for breakfast!
- 2 frozen over-ripe bananas
- 1 cup frozen apple slices
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- Slightly thaw your frozen fruit prior to putting through your yonanas maker.
- To make the Maple Walnut Topping start by toasting chopped walnuts in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned
- Turn off heat and add maple syrup
- Pour candied walnuts into a bowl to cool
- While the walnut topping cools and hardens, insert 1/2 frozen banana into the yonanas maker
- Insert 1/2 cup frozen apple slices
- Insert 1 frozen banana
- Add 1/2 cup frozen apple slices
- Insert remaining frozen banana
- Add maple candied walnut topping