Use sweet and tangy apples like Fuji, Gala or Macintosh-mix it up! The apple flavor is subtle and the candied walnuts are a sweet compliment. Core and freeze slices of your favorite apple. We recommend leaving the peel on the apples or peeling only half the apple.
- 2 frozen over-ripe bananas
- 1 cup frozen apple slices
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- Slightly thaw your frozen fruit prior to putting through your yonanas maker.
- To make the Maple Walnut Topping start by toasting chopped walnuts in a skillet
- Pour candied walnuts into a bowl
- While the walnut topping cools and hardens, insert 1/2 frozen banana into the yonanas maker
- Insert 1/2 cup frozen apple slices
- Insert 1 frozen banana
- Add 1/2 cup frozen apple slices
- Insert remaining frozen banana
- Add maple candied walnut topping