May 10, 2013
Happy Friday! This week our Friday Faves come from some fans who are sharing their love of Yonanas with their significant others! Whether you’re trying to eat healthier together, save some money or just enjoy a frozen treat together, there are so many reasons so share the Yonanas love! Who do you like to enjoy your Yonanas with?
- Fantastic! Gave this to my boyfriend and we both love it! He’s always looking for healthy ways to appease his sweet-tooth, and had embarked on a very healthy eating plan…this fits the bill! And for me, who doesn’t love the rich and fattiness of ice-cream, I love the clean, refreshing taste of desserts made with frozen, fresh fruit. We’ve tried several recipes–berries & bananas, peaches, pineapple, with and without chocolate chips, all were delicious and satisfying without eating tons or tons of calories. – Amy B
- No More Fro Yo! My boyfriend and I would regularly go out for frozen yogurt. This cost on average approximately $6 each time and let’s not forget all the chemicals added into it. So I wished for a yonana machine and it has been an amazing gift. We have made mint chip, vanilla with chocolate sauce etc. It has completely replaced our nightly yogurt indulgences and probably costs about 50 cents a bowl. – K. Baumann
- Healthy, flavorful treat We absolutely love our yonana. My husband makes a huge batch and freezes it in individual portions so he doesn’t have to make it every night. I don’t miss ice cream at all! My favorites are banana strawberry and banana peach. Great with mixed berries too. I ate very little fruit before-now I eat it everyday. –Sharon R
May 10, 2013
Congratulations to all of our Color Me Healthy Canada winners! We are so excited about the launch of Yonanas in colors, ONLY available on The Shopping Channel in Canada, and loved to see what everyone voted for. Thank you to everyone who participated. Yonanas is Today’s Showstopper deal on The Shopping Channel May 10, 2013. Be sure to check it out and order Yonanas in your favorite color! http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/
List of Winners:
Raspberry Dawn C.
Cranberry Sherry S.
Lime Anita D.
Blueberry Randi T.
Grape Melissa B.
Classic Patricia C.
Please note, all winners were contacted via the email address provided in the entry form.
May 3, 2013
Hello and Happy weekend to all of our wonderful fans! Our Friday Faves this week come from fans who didn’t know much about Yonanas and were a bit skeptical at first. After making Yonanas for the first time they fell in love with it! We’re you surprised by Yonanas? Was it love at first bite? Tell us your Yonanas story!
- Yonanas Rocks! I got this for Christmas from my Mom. At first I was like…”What is this thing?” My Mom watched the infomercial on QVC and was sure it was what my fruit crazed boys needed. My boys have been begging to try it. So I bought some bananas and a bag of frozen fruit read thru the directions and gave it a go. The results were delicious! I don’t know how it does it but it does come out like soft serve. It wasn’t super bananaish just fruity. We loved it! Already have more bananas freezing. I am happy to report that this does exactly what it says it does…try it! – J.L. Finley
- I’m Lovin’ It! I purchased this product after rave reviews from Co-workers. I have to say it has far surpassed my expectations. We have tried bananas and mixed berries, bananas and strawberries and bananas and peaches. All were incredibly creamy and yummy! We have decided to start eating healthier and this is definitely a step in the right direction. As far as peoples’ complaints I have not found any of these to be an issue. The fruit definitely needs to sit out on the counter for a few minutes to have the right consistency. Wonderful product overall. – Julie L.
- Yoananas Ice Cream maker is great! I originally became interested in Yoananas when I learned it could make an ice cream like dessert without sugar and dairy. I didn’t believe it would taste like ice cream, but was willing to try it since using only fruit was a healthy alternative to ice cream. I was really surprised when I used the machine the first time. The results were great, and I have tried many different fruit combinations, loving them all! I am definiatly going to be using this machine to make healthy receipes. I love it! -Bnnie
April 26, 2013
Hello & Happy Friday! This week our Friday Faves come from fans who are enjoying Yonanas WITHOUT bananas! Tell is your favorite no bananas Yonanas recipe! –Whitney
- Not just for bananas! Well so far I haven’t used any bananas at all, I had a lot of frozen bags of fruit for smoothies such as raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and peaches and all them come to a great sorbet kind of desert. Using it is as easy and it sounds, you just put fruit down the chute and then push it in and soon ice cream looking stuff comes out and it kind of baffles me how it works. Looking at everything beforehand I thought it needed other ingredients or something but no, just the fruit. The Yonanas is comprised of 6 parts which are easily taken apart and cleaned also! I would highly recommend for people looking for a healthy way to snack -Kyle
- You don’t need Bananas!!! I’m not a fan of bananas (except in baked goods) but bought this machine after reading customer Yonanas recipes that were made without bananas. We buy and eat a lot of fruit in the Spring and Summer months, and sometimes in large quantities. I had been freezing the overripe fruits to use in pies, cakes, breads but was looking for another option that didn’t require adding flour and sugar – enter the Yonanas! Our children love the Yonanas. During the summer they will wake up each morning and ask to make ‘ice cream’ after breakfast. We’d usually give them a bowl of berries/apples in the morning but now they can enjoy a bowl of Yonanas sorbet. The cleanup of the machine is very simple if you clean it right away. I have a small spatula that I use to clean out the sorbet that didn’t push out of the machine. There is usually about 1/3 cup of sorbet still in the machine that needs to be scooped out (along the blades and the silicon ring). After scooping that out I quickly wash and rinse the chute, blade, and silicone ring and place them on the drying rack – clean up in less than 2 minutes. I like that the Yonanas is not an overly large machine. It doesn’t take up much counter space so we can leave it out all summer. It also stores really well, I usually store it on its side in one of our drawers (fully assembled) or I store it in pieces in one of the cupboards. My first crack at the Yonanas was with frozen lychees (peeled and pitted) paired with frozen strawberries. Following the advice I had read I let my fruit defrost/soften on the countertop for 5-10 minutes while I got bowls and spoons ready. Softening/defrosting the fruit made it come out smooth and creamy – no need for a banana! If you’re like me and would prefer a berry sorbet (or mango, or pineapple, or all of that combined!) then soften the fruits a bit before piling them into the machine. I prefer using the overripe fruit that might have spoiled and gone to waste!5 stars for a product well worth it’s price. – Lychee
April 19, 2013
Happy weekend to all of our wonderful fans! We hear new stories every week about what a difference Yonanas has made in your lives. This week our Friday Faves come from fans with dietary restrictions. With Yonanas they are able to enjoy creamy frozen treats, increase their fruit intake and indulge without guilt! Thank you for sharing your Yonanas stories! –Whitney
- I got my Yonanas machine the other day — via QVC’s Today’s Special Value a little while ago. Last night, I used it with my disabled son (Down syndrome/Autism) who has swallowing/chewing issues. We started simple with banana and vanilla greek yogurt frozen in cubes — he absolutely loved it — my son can’t talk — but kept doing sign language for “MORE.” I can’t wait to try different fruits with him over the weekend!! Thank you so much!!! I was a little worried about taking this apart and cleaning it at first — not knowing what to expect. I found the instructions in the owner’s manual surprisingly clear and simple. It was easy to take apart — and really cleans up great in the top rack of my dishwasher — thank you so much!!! –Kimberly T
- Dream come true for milk intolerance! I have recently discovered I am intolerant of milk products… I really miss ice cream! Store bought frozen sorbet is so full of sugar that I hate to buy it, much less eat it. This makes the best sorbet with NO SUGAR! Make sure you use RIPE frozen bananas or other fruit you may use. Peach sorbet is fantastic! Even though I put icy fruit in, creamy, delicious this frozen sorbet came out. Does wonders with berries, so it is perfect for diabetics. – Deb
April 12, 2013
Happy Friday! This week our Friday Faves come from fans who have given up ice cream thanks to Yonanas! It’s so wonderful to hear how many of you are enjoying healthy delicious frozen treats because of Yonanas. We’d love to hear why YOU love Yonanas! Comment below and tell us! –Whitney
- OMG!!! THIS THING ROCKS!!!!!! Can we say “a gazillion stars??” This is awesome. When I ordered this from QVC as a TSV, I immediately bought riper bananas and put them in the freezer. The minute it came, I took out a couple of bananas and some strawberries. I let them sit for about 10 minutes before sending them down the chute. What came out was exactly the consistency of soft ice cream and was so delicious you thought you were eating a big bowl of ice cream. My whole family is very health conscious. This machine allows us to have that dessert without any of the guilt. This is all fruit, all natural, no extra gunk or sugar. You know exactly what is in your bowl. I don’t know that I will ever eat regular ice cream again. You know it is a winner when you teenage boys say that they would rather have Yonanas for dessert than real ice cream. I will never be without this machine”- Bargello
- I typically don’t write reviews, but this one is worth it. My sister bought this for my partner and I for Christmas. Haven’t used it because it was too cold to think of ice cream (Cleveland). Last night, I put bananas, peanut butter and a pinch of chocolate syrup and OMG. Mouthgasm! Next time, I will use strawberries, bananas, and pineapple. I have been saving all my fruit that goes “bad” throughout the winter and freezing it for this bad boy. This machine is from the heavens. I have never tasted anything so delectable, healthy & refreshing. It’s like a heavenly combo of sorbet, sherbet, & the best soft-serve you can imagine. HIGHLY recommend. – Laurie P.
- You have to taste it to believe! I got mine yesterday and we did bananas and strawberries. It tastes amazingly better than ice cream to me, so creamy and delicious. Clean-up was a breeze. Make sure you peel your bananas before you put them in the freezer. Love mine so far”- Sophie
April 10, 2013
Congratulations to all of our Color Me Healthy winners! We are so excited about the launch of Yonanas in colors, ONLY available on QVC, and loved to see what everyone voted for. Thank you to everyone who participated. Yonanas is the Today’s Special Value offer on QVC today, April 10, 2013. Be sure to check it out and order Yonanas in your favorite color! http://qvc.co/Yonanas_QVC
List of Winners:
Raspberry Heidi M.
Cranberry Cheryl G.
Orange Rebecca P.
Banana Katherine P.
Lime Darren B.
Blueberry Sarah W.
Grape Angela C.
Coconut Sarah E.
Please note, all winners were contacted via the email address provided in the entry form.
April 5, 2013
Happy Weekend! Our Friday Faves this week come from fans who have tried a variety of recipes and loved them all. We love to hear what our fans create with their Yonanas since the recipe possibilities are endless! Let us know what fun new recipes you’ve created with your Yonanas! –Whitney
- I just love this tool. It easily makes soft frozen fruit desserts (O Weight Watchers points plus) in a manner of a minute. I use frozen bananas, strawberries, blueberries, or other frozen fruit and it makes a sorbet/ soft yogurt concoction. We often put it in cones. My 11 year old daughter and her friends love it too! –Healthy Gourmet
- I bought this at a big box store and probably the best $50 I’ve ever spent. I’ve had it for 4 weeks and have used it almost every day, even in the cold Midwest winter. I go through so much frozen fruit that it can get expensive but now I’m buying the huge bags to save on trips to the store! I haven’t tried any of the ‘recipes’ but I don’t think that’s necessary, just put it what kind of fruit you like. I have used strawberries, bananas, mangos and peaches. It does work best if you let the fruit sit out for some time to soften to back it easier to push through. Since I use it nearly every day, I let it soak until I need it the next time. Love it!- K. Kris
- I’m Lovin’ It! I purchased this product after rave reviews from Co-workers. I have to say it has far surpassed my expectations. We have tried bananas and mixed berries, bananas and strawberries and bananas and peaches. All were incredibly creamy and yummy! We have decided to start eating healthier and this is definitely a step in the right direction. As far as peoples’ complaints I have not found any of these to be an issue. The fruit definitely needs to sit out on the counter for a few minutes to have the right consistency. I did not leave the strawberries out quite long enough and there were some harder bits in the mixture but leaving fruit out a bit longer really helped. Wonderful product overall. Someone on here said they tried it with pudding so that will be the next thing we’ll try. –Julie L